07-09-2012 Cullman City Council Meeting
Cullman City Council Meeting
Monday, July 9th 2012
Lucille N. Galin Auditorium
7:00 O'Clock PM
I. CALL TO ORDER and INVOCATION
II. ROLL CALL
III. READING OF MINUTES
June 25th, 2012
July 2nd, 2012
IV. ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO AGENDA
V. REPORTS OF STANDING COMMITTEES
1. Police Committee - Council Member Andy Page
2. Fire Committee - Council President Garlan Gudger, Jr.
3. Sanitation Committee - Council Member Johnny Cook
4. Street Committee - Council Member Clint Hollingsworth
5. Finance Committee - Council Member Jenny Folsom
VI. REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR
VII. COMMENTS FROM ANYONE NOT ON AGENDA
VIII. PETITIONS, APPLICATIONS, COMPLAINTS, APPEALS & COMMUNICATIONS
1. A request from Rodger Turner of Smith Farms for a special event alcohol license at 108/110 Clark
Street and 201 First Street NE during Celebrate Cullman on August 3rd, 2012.A
2. A request from Kolby Lawrence of Cabin Fever Beverages for a special event alcohol license at 311
First Avenue NE during Celebrate Cullman on August 3rd, 2012 from 4:00 pm to 12:00 am (midnight).
3. A request from Kolby Lawrence of Cabin Fever Beverages for a special event alcohol license at 1600
Saint Bernard Drive SE during the National Archery Tournament on August 4th, 2012 from 4:00 pm to
4. A request from Ron Pierce of the Cullman Downtown Merchants Association, Inc. to close multiple
streets in the downtown area for the Celebrate Cullman festival.
IX. RESOLUTIONS, ORDINANCES, ORDERS AND OTHER BUSINESS
1. Resolution 2012 - 98 - To award Bid R-01642 for a Gorman Rupp Pump, Motor and Installation to the
lowest responsible bidder, Jim House & Associates, in the amount of $21,368.
2. Resolution 2012 - 103 - To award Bid R-01643 for tree services at 910 Main Street & 10th Street NE
to the lowest responsible bidder, Keller's Tree Service, in the amount of $500.
3. Resolution 2012 - 104 - To award Bid R-01644 for the replacement of two HVAC units at Fire Station
#2 to the lowest responsible bidder, Richard Electric, in the amount of $23,000.
4. Resolution 2012 - 105 - To award Bid R-01645 for emergency repairs at the Waste Water Treatment
Plant to the lowest responsible bidder.
5. Resolution 2012 - 106 - To enter into contract with Goodwyn, Mills and Cawood for professional
services on the Force Main Replacement Project at the Waste Water Treatment Plant in the amount not to
6. Resolution 2012 - 107 - To enter into contract with Goodwyn, Mills and Cawood for environmental
services on the Cullman Airport Runway Extension project in the amount not to exceed $60,000.
7. First Reading - Ordinance 2012 - 13 - To annex Brian and Samantha Roberts property located at 154
County Road 1313 into the city limits of Cullman.
8. First Reading - Ordinance 2012 - 14 - To participate in the State of Alabama's Sales Tax Holiday
beginning on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:01 am and ending on August 5th, 2012 at midnight.